Spicy Cranberry Maple Cashews
- Yield: 1 1/4 Pounds
- ¼ cup maple syrup (not pancake syrup) (60ml)
- 1 ½ tbsp. butter (21gr)
- ½ tsp. salt (2gr)
- ¼-½tsp ground cayenne pepper (1-2gr)
- 1 lb. raw cashews (500gr)
- 1 tbsp. sesame seeds (10gr)
- ½ cup cranberries, minced (60gr)
- Heat your oven to 350°F (176°C). Line a 15”x 9” jelly roll pan with parchment paper.
- Meanwhile, in a large mixing bowl (one that will fit in your microwave) add the maple syrup and butter. Heat for one minute on high in the microwave, until the butter has melted. Remove from the microwave, and add the salt, and cayenne pepper. Stir well.
- Add the cashews, sesame seeds and cranberries to the bowl, and stir well so that all of the cashews are well coated and the cranberries are evenly disbursed. Pour the mixture onto the prepared jelly roll pan, making sure that the cashews are in a single layer.
- Place the pan in the pre-heated oven for 6 minutes. Remove from the oven, toss and stir the cashews, then return to the oven for another 6 minutes. Remove the cashews from the oven, and allow to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container.